It’s getting late, but I just wanted to record for myself that today I finished the following tasks/fixed the following bugs:
- Finished the –announce function as a copy & paste feature
- I think I have hunted down and changed all non UTF-8 characters in the code, but I still need to test it to be sure
- I implemented a couple of safe guards against the repeated keys bug. I am not sure how to solve it, as it seems more a limitation of BASH than anything else.
- Fixed the item found bug, now everything is totally random!
- Fixed a colour bug I had "featured in" with the previous –announce
- Fixed a bug where enemies wouldn’t flee at all, and adjusted the settings for this. Enemies now flee if they’ve lost half their original health and have less health than the hero.
- Commented all debug cheats used in testing
- Fixed Load character screens. They make more sense now, but aren’t perfect.
- Finished the licensing screens. This turned out alright.
- Changed the Credits page to be more informative.
That’s it for tonight! I had hoped to push out some code this evening, but I have a couple of more tests to run before I can consider it ready. Current version is 1.0 if nothing terrible happens!