Here’s a list of music videos that me and my friends in ANCEP/Gateway College listened to while we stayed in Habana del Este, Cuba, for three months in the fall of 2003. Sometimes, music can wake old memories to life. There are some really great songs in there! .. and some really shitty ones. Enjoy!
The video features in order of appearance:
- Sean Paul – Get Busy;
- La Ley – Mas alla;
- The Black Eyed Peas – Where Is The Love?;
- Beyoncé & Jay-Z – Crazy In Love;
- The Mars Volta – Inertiatic ESP;
- Chingy – Right Thurr;
- Control Machete – BIEN BIEN;
- Thalia Ft Fat Joe – Me Pones Sexy;
- OutKast – Hey Ya!;
- Panda – Ya no jalaba ;
- 50 Cent – P.I.M.P. (Snoop Dogg Remix) ft. Snoop Dogg, G-Unit;
- Alejandro Sanz – No Es Lo Mismo;
- Molotov – Frijolero;
- 50 Cent – In Da Club;
- The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army;
- La Ley – Amate y Salvate;
- Gustavo Cerati – Cosas Imposibles;
- Justin Timberlake – Rock Your Body;
- Evanescence – Going Under;
- Johnny Cash – Hurt;
- Metallica – St. Anger
- Kashmir – Surfing The Warm Industry
- Cafi Tacuba – Ingrata
- Queens Of The Stone Age – Go With The Flow
For the sake of integrity, I should add that the mother of one of my room mates had insisted he bring along a 1979 recording of Tom Waits live in Sydney (a.k.a Fast Women Slow Horses) — which opened up the whole world of Tom Waits bootlegs to me. Someone should marry her.
If you’re not into music (granted it remains a possibility somehow) or if you are simply deaf, you can boggle at these chosen blog posts I wrote during my stay, in reversed order.
- Dec 11th: Going back home again..
- Dec 5th: The Cigar factory, prostitutes and life
- Dec 4th: 6 days left
- Nov 29th: Kill all salsa
- Nov 16th: I got mugged.. Twice!
- Nov 8th: Everyday life
- Oct 28th: My first baseball match!!
- Oct 8th: 10 questions and answers
- Oct 5th: Buena Vista Soc. Club feat. Afrocuban Allstars
- Sep 19th: Touchdown Cuba
It’s like walking into the livingroom the day after a party.. Alcohol and cigarettes everywhere. As well as that ball of nausea in my throat. The superficial thumps of salsa and screams of seagulls in the distance… Oh well. You live and you learn! At any rate, you live